COHO Gas Flow and Vacuum Leak Detection System
- The COHO series of vacuum leak detectors consists of high-performance gas flow sensors that connect to the standard vacuum lines to assist with leak testing in a composites processing facility.
- COHO is process integrated, providing leak detection for vacuum bags, hoses and fittings, sealant tape and tools
- COHO displays real-time data and trends, guiding operators through user-friendly workflows on console computers, large screen displays, and/or roamer tablets.
- Evacuation, off-gassing, and air leaks can been identified, measured, localized and recorded in auto-generated reports
Vacuum leaks and bag integrity are generally determined by using pressure drop tests, which are time consuming and part size dependent. COHO is the vacuum leak detector that integrates into your vacuum bagging process, measuring gas flow directly at the vacuum ports, identifying bag leaks instantly and determining their location in real time by analyzing the gas flow signals.
- Real time gas flow and leak detection for composites manufacturing.
- Vacuum bag leak detection and localization.
- Vacuum system (hoses & fittings) leak detection.
- Monitoring composite evacuation and off-gassing with moisture detection.
- Designed for both production and process development.
- Simple setup and operation.
- Faster & better vacuum bagging.
- Identify leaks instantly, with real time flow monitoring for continuous feedback.
- Integrated and automatic vacuum decay tests.
- Automated reports provided for every run and test
- Locate and fix leaks easily and quickly using leak localization modules.
- Flow based leak rate measurements are part size independent, as opposed to traditional pressure rise tests which are not.
- Monitor part evacuation and off-gassing.
- Review, compare, and data mine historical measurements.
- Multi-channel high sensitivity flow sensing with by-passing that ensures low vacuum loss.
- Workflow oriented user interface.
- Vacuum pressure measurement.
- Integrated vacuum regulation.
- Moisture detection.
- Real time data viewing with digital commenting.
- Leak localization algorithms that predict the most likely leak locations.
United States Patent No.: 9,862,144
- The COHO gas flow and vacuum leak detection system consists of high-performance gas flow sensors that connect to the standard vacuum lines used in composites processing.
- An on-board computer processes the sensor data for real-time displays.
- The system provides the operator with gas flow measurement data and trends through console computers, large screen displays, and/or roamer tablets.
- Evacuation, off-gassing, and leaks can been identified, measured, and recorded.
- The COHO user interface is workflow oriented with assemblies that represent actual factory conditions, and built-in leak localization algorithms predict leak locations.
- Convergent provides turnkey, user friendly vacuum leak detection solutions.
This feature table shows the capabilities of our hardware series, COHO 600 and COHO 800.
|User||COHO 600 Series||COHO 800 Series|
|Automated Part/Test Reporting|
|Integrated Pressure Drop Tests|
|Portable, Rugged Suitcase|
|Instrumented Vacuum Lines||6||6||12, 18, 24+|
|Instrumented Vacuum Control Valves||0||0||4|
|Integrated Vacuum Regulation|
|Rugged Frontend Laptop||Optional|
|Full-size Operator Console|
Standard Software Package
Factory Software Module
Maximum Unique Secondary Displays Clients
Add-on Sensors Supported
|User Serviceable Filters|
|Inlet size / type||1/4" NPT||1/4" NPT||3/8" NPT|
|High Flow Outlet size / type||1" NPT||1" NPT||2" NPT|
|Low Flow Outlet size / type||1/4" NPT||1/4" NPT|
|User-Replaceable Smart Manifolds|
Daisy Chain Functionality
Flow Standard Tool
Mobile Display Client (Tablet)
Team Display Client (Large Screen)
|Spare Smart Manifolds||Optional|
|Commissioning and Training|
|1-day on-site training||Optional|
United States Patent No.: 9,862,144