CPA-TA Simulation Software
Composites Producibility Assessment - Thermal Assessment Plug-in to CATIA
- Easy-to-use software for simulation of composites producibility.
- Quickly identify potential thermal and cure issues before designing tooling.
- Customize using your processes, tooling, materials, and autoclaves and ovens.
- Uses the power of RAVEN process simulation software and material files
Make your processes more efficient.
- Quickly evaluate designs for producibility with company-standard equipment and processes.
- Validate against cure cycle specifications and best practices before submission without the need to check in with materials specialists*.
- Identify trouble spots in the layup to minimize unforeseen redesign, the amount of testing and trial-and-error, and in effect save time and cost.
- Reduces iteration in design between design engineers and M&P department
- Allows quick analysis for design changes such as manufacturing results from alternative tooling types
*Materials specialists must first set up the company-standard parameters in CPA-TA
The CPA-TA (Composites Producibility Assessment – Thermal Assessment) plug-in is used to identify locations where your part may have thermal issues during manufacture.
To use CPA-TA you need a license and working knowledge of CATIA, as well as a RAVEN license. The general workflow to set up and run a CPA-TA:
- Input company-specific process specifications, material specifications, company practices, etc. This step should be done by a materials specialist and only has to be done once.
- Define geometry,
- Select geometry for analysis,
- Review/ verify M&P spec settings,
- Define manufacturing parameters,
- Run, or auto call pre-run results,
- Assess results
- Redesign or optimize your processing parameters accordingly.
CPA-TA is an integration for CATIA Composites Workbench.
The Composites Producibility Assessment - Thermal Assessment tool is a CATIA plug-in.
- CPA-TA has moderate requirements on computational resources.
- CPA-TA runs under Microsoft Windows (XP, 7 or 8) and performs well on nearly any computer that is less than five years old.
- A minimum of 2GB of RAM is recommended for a good user experience.
- CATIA Composites Workbench (CPD, or HD2 + CPE, or HD2 + CPM)
- RAVEN process simulation software
- Process specifications, material specifications, company practices, etc.
- Customized inputs to reflect company practices
- Initial setup by a materials and process engineer