Convergent provides software and hardware that aid composites manufacturers in shortening development cycles, creating robust processes, and reducing manufacturing risk.
Our process simulation software RAVEN and COMPRO allow you to:
- Predict property evolution of your composite product, such as degree of cure, viscosity, glass transition temperature, residual stress, and deformation, as a function of process and tooling parameters.
- Design more efficient and robust processes and process tooling based on simulation results.
- Trouble-shoot problems with existing processes by identifying root causes through simulation.
- Develop geometric compensation factors for process tooling to achieve dimensional control.
Our COHO gas flow, leak detection, and leak localization system allows you to:
- Rapidly detect and locate bag and tool leaks via advanced sensor and software technologies, saving significant time in both development and production.
- Optimize and efficiently control processes by directly measuring moisture and volatiles evolved and removed throughout the process.
The table below shows the typical user and analysis capabilities of our software products RAVEN and COMPRO.
|Deformation & Tool Compensation|
- Requires familiarity with finite element analysis.
- Some attributes are analyzed directly (e.g. local thickness and fibre volume fraction) and some indirectly (porosity).
COMPRO is currently available in the ABAQUS, ANSYS, and MSC Marc FEA software packages. The following table shows analysis features and capabilities available for each version of COMPRO.
for MSC Marc
Year of first implementation
Graphical User Interface
Fully Coupled Flow-Stress
|3(SMP and MPP)|
(SMP available, MPP in development)
Layered Composite Elements
|Stress-deformation analysis only|
Integration with Design Workflow
|CATIA, CL, CMA, RSO||ANSYS Workbench, ACP and FiberSIM||Patran|
- COMPRO Plug-in for ABAQUS CAE
- To be released in 2016
- Significantly improved MPP capability with ABAQUS 6.14
This feature table shows the capabilities of our hardware series, COHO 600 and COHO 800.
|User||COHO 600 Series||COHO 800 Series|
|Portable, Rugged Suitcase|
|Instrumented Vacuum Lines||6||6||12, 18, 24|
|Vacuum Control Valves||0||0||4|
|Rugged Frontend Laptop|
|Full-size Operator Console|
Standard Software Package
Factory Software Module
Maximum Unique Secondary Displays Clients
Add-on Sensors Supported
|User Serviceable Filters|
|Inlet size / type||1/4" NPT||1/4" NPT||3/8" NPT|
|High Flow Outlet size / type||1" NPT||1" NPT||2" NPT|
|Low Flow Outlet size / type||1/4" NPT||1/4" NPT|
|User-Replaceable Smart Manifolds|
Daisy Chain Functionality
Flow Standard Tool
Mobile Display Client (Tablet)
Team Display Client (Large Screen)
|Spare Smart Manifolds||Optional|
|Commissioning and Training|
|1-day on-site training||Optional|